Customer Issue: Ms. Lee had been dealing with garage door opener problems for a while and contacted us to help her.
Our Solution: Our experts looked at the garage door opener and completed some testing, which led us to find that it had become too old to function correctly. We went over new opener options with Ms. Lee, and she chose a LiftMaster WLED model so she could connect it to her wifi and use it more easily. Our team assembled it for her and installed it after removing the older model.
Garage Door Off Track
Customer Issue: A rusty screw holding one of the tracks in broke, causing it to move out of place and the garage door to come out.
Our Solution: The team manually raised the overhead door off the tracks and removed and replaced the track screws, as others appeared rusty as well. Once the tracks were tightly back in place, they brought the door back down into position. Then, we proceeded to run some functionality tests to ensure the system could run smoothly again.
Customer Issue: The customer’s opener wasn’t starting up, despite the lights being on.
Our Solution: Our team checked the sensors and the opener drive and found no problems. Then they looked at the opener’s wiring, and found fraying damage on the wire connecting to the control panel. Once the ruined wires were replaced, there were no more issues.
Customer Issue: Damaged panels.
Our Solution: We assessed the damages and decided that simply removing the affected panels and installing new ones in their place should solve the problem. We got it done, and then opened and closed the door several times to be sure nothing else had been damaged.
Garage Door Troubleshooting
Customer Issue: Door nearly fell.
Our Solution: We examined the tracks but found nothing wrong with them, so we proceeded to check the rollers and quickly discovered that several of them had significantly worn out. We replaced them on the spot and then realigned the door with its tracks.
Customer Issue: Broken spring.
Our Solution: After checking the condition of the damaged extension spring and its counterpart, we carefully removed them both and installed new ones in their place. We then made sure the door was able to open and close easily again.